- Criminal Defense
Attorney Brett T. Kaehne has been exclusively practicing in the field of criminal defense for over a decade. For the first six years of his career, he founded and grew a successful criminal defense firm in Sheboygan. In 2014, he joined Kirk Obear & Associates becoming a member of a team of like-minded defense attorneys taking on the government in counties across the State. In 2019, Attorney Kaehne joined Attorney Barrette in establishing their own criminal defense law firm to better serve those accused of crimes throughout Wisconsin.
Throughout the years, Attorney Kaehne has obtained dismissals of countless Misdemeanor and Felony charges by means of constitutional challenges, negotiations, and not guilty verdicts at jury trial. He is grounded in the understanding that on a daily basis he is not simply dealing with criminal cases, he is dealing with the future and livelihood of people and their families.
Because of his passion for criminal defense and results in the courtroom, Attorney Kaehne has presented at several seminars throughout the State educating other defense attorneys on a variety of topics. As a NORML legal committee member, he is also dedicated to reforming the outdated laws on cannabis use to make cannabis legal medicinally, and for responsible adults for recreational use.
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Leflar Law Center, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Honors: National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s prestigious Tournament of Champions competition in Colorado, Fall 2007
- Honors: Board of Advocates, Vice Chair
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
- B.S. - 2005
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Secondary Education
- Wisconsin, 2008
Classes & Seminars
- Student-Teacher, Oshkosh North High School
- Volunteer After-School Tutor, City of Oshkosh
- NORML, Legal Committee, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Sheboygan County Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position